
Genesis 24: 50-51 Laban and Bethuel answered, "This is totally from God. We have no say in the matter, either yes or no...
These verses really were new to me. I always seem to pass over them when reading about Issac and Rebekkah. I generally focus on the romantic aspect but I was excited to see something new. I tried to imagine how I would react if a strange man came and put braclets and a nose ring on me. Then what if he said you must go with me to marry my master's son. I would have probably thought the man looney. Yet, Rebekah and her family saw God's will and din't question it. They realized it wasn't their place to question God. How cool is that. I encourage all of you to think what you would have done. I have to say it made me chuckle a little imagining my reaction. I am still mad at mom for piercing my ears when I was 5, let alone having a stranger put a hole in my nose...lol!!!
I really am enjoying going back through Genesis. It really has some of my favorite Bible adventures. One thing I am doing this time around is looking for verses that are people answering Gods' call or even just verses that simply show us how wonderful God is. I am also just trying to see them not as stories but as God adventures. So far it has been super fun. The hardest books for me are coming up, though. 1-2 Kings and 1-2 Chronicles are particulary difficult for me to read. I might try to do something different with them to make it more fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment