Just some tunes...

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Leviticus Summary

Leviticus 22:31 "Do what I tell you; live what I tell you. I am God.

Leviticus 24:8-12 "Count off seven Sabbaths of years—seven times seven years: Seven Sabbaths of years adds up to forty-nine years. Then sound loud blasts on the ram's horn on the tenth day of the seventh month, the Day of Atonement. Sound the ram's horn all over the land. Sanctify the fiftieth year; make it a holy year. Proclaim freedom all over the land to everyone who lives in it—a Jubilee for you: Each person will go back to his family's property and reunite with his extended family. The fiftieth year is your Jubilee year: Don't sow; don't reap what volunteers itself in the fields; don't harvest the untended vines because it's the Jubilee and a holy year for you. You're permitted to eat from whatever volunteers itself in the fields.


So I pretty much have ran through Leviticus as fast as I could. It is really difficult to read the same things over and over. I am not much for repetition. I hate having the same thing repeated over and over to me. it drives me nuts. Yet I understand why God did that. He really wanted Israel to be His people and so He provided them with all of these laws to draw them closer to Him. I think Leviticus 22:31 is the essential verse of the book. We are to do what God tells us and live what He tells us. It seems so simple, yet is is very hard.

I really liked reading about the Jubilee year. I think I am going to make this year a Jubilee year. It sounds like a ton of fun!!!

No comments: