Just some tunes...

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Leviticus 1-10

Wow, I sure breezed through Exodus. Here we go with Leviticus. Not my favorite, but I am learning to enjoy it more.


Leviticus 10
1-2 That same day Nadab and Abihu, Aaron's sons, took their censers, put hot coals and incense in them, and offered "strange" fire to God—something God had not commanded. Fire blazed out from God and consumed them—they died in God's presence.
3 Moses said to Aaron, "This is what God meant when he said, To the one who comes near me, I will show myself holy; Before all the people, I will show my glory."
Aaron was silent.


These 10 chapters were slightly difficult. I really got the most out of the passage above. I really have never payed attention to this passage before. I am so thankful that we have Jesus to atone for our sins. It seems impossible to live by the standards in the Old Testament. All the offerings confuse me more than anything. I imagine it was just as confusing for the Israelites.

No comments: