So this was a really interesting bunch of laws. I was able to glean several interesting things from these chapters.
11:20-23 "All flying insects that walk on all fours are detestable to you. But you can eat some of these, namely, those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground: all locusts, katydids, crickets, and grasshoppers. But all the other flying insects that have four legs you are to detest.
11: 24-25 "You will make yourselves ritually unclean until evening if you touch their carcasses. If you pick up one of their carcasses you must wash your clothes and you'll be unclean until evening.
This totally explains why I feel the need to shower after I see or touch a bug. Yucky! I hate bugs!! They are so detestable for me!!!
11:44-45 "Make yourselves holy for I am holy. Don't make yourselves ritually unclean by any creature that crawls on the ground. I am God who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Be holy because I am holy.
That was such a good passage. We are to make ourselves holy because God is holy.
After all these laws, the one law I am thankful for no longer being a law is the no pork. I love pork chops, pork roast and ham! Thank goodness we can eat it without guilt!


No comments:
Post a Comment