Just some tunes...

Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11...


I just wanted to remember 9/11 today. I still remember where I was when it happened. I had just got into a horrible car accident 2 days before and was at home recovering. I called into work and layed down to try and get some rest. My friend Amy called me and said, "Danita, turn on your TV! We are under attack!" As I watched the images on my television I remember thinking, " I will never ever forget this day..." It was just like people who talk about Pearl Harbor or V-day. There are just so many emotins that run through me when I think back. I think it is so sad that our country was so united and patriotic for about a month and then now it seems like we have lost that again. I remember the first time I went back to New York after 9/11. It was weird to not see those 2 towers standing tall. It felt strange when uou walked around the city as well.
Tonight Joel C. Rosenberg is hosting a Town Hall even online. He and several others will be discussing the threats posed by Iran and other things. You can watch it at http://www.insidetherevolution.org/ . I will for sure be watching it!

No comments: